Monday, July 6, 2009

The 8 Treasures Green Tea

Let me start by saying this was not the cup of tea I planned to have this morning. But my daughter had other ideas. I had my quiet time this morning, we had been outside, then came back in. I started a load of laundry and sat down to check my email since we had been out of town this weekend. All this time, she was opening her cupcake maker that her grandparents bought her for her birthday. But she wasn't supposed to open the cake & frosting mixes until I could read the directions on how to use it. She did otherwise. I should have known but I thought she could wait. If it is hard for me at 39, I guess it is even more difficult for her to do at 5. So while my water was boiling we were having the talk, about disobeying and lying about it. I heard the timer but we were not finished talking. So it boiled and cooled a little -- which is just what you want for green tea. You don't steep it very long either, two or three minutes -- which is good since I really need to relax with a cup of tea to calm myself. So 8 Treasures it is! I was reading a tea magazine this weekend and it mentioned 7 Treasures tea -- wonder what the difference is? Our ingredients are: Sencha (organic),
gunpowder,
mini tuo tea,
chung mee,
pai mu tan,
lung ching,
snow buds,
pi lo chun (that's eight by the way, if you're counting),
pineapple bits,
strawberry bits,
sunflower blossoms,
and natural flavourings.
I feel like Goldilocks -- just right! By the way, if you want to see pictures of my sweet little angel, I will be posting those later today on my personal blog. My sister in law took pictures of the girls this weekend in matching outfits -- they could be sisters! Thanks for reading. I hope you will share your tea stories with me someday, k

No comments:

Post a Comment